Saturday, August 4, 2012

What a Week!

Busy, busy, busy! That's the only word that comes to mind for the past week. On Monday I had a hair appointment...I desperately needed a cut and a color so Mitch came home from work early, so I could make it to my appointment that I scheduled in May, YAY! I was out of the house for over 2 hours and had adult conversation and it felt good.

On Wednesday I had my 6 week check up with Dr. Morisetty. We love him, such a great doctor. Of course he was excited to see Hattie. He never got to hold her in the hospital...with her health concerns, and then the next day when he was doing rounds she was eating. He was excited to talk about how well the foley bulb worked out and said he was going to talk to others at the hospital about keeping them on hand. When I was induced they didn't have any, and he brought a "sample" that he had in his office to get the job done. I love being a VBAC success story, and if more doctors would give the foley bulb method a chance maybe more women could have a positive birth experience. 

On Thursday my friend Sidney watched Leah and Kiersten, while I took Hattie up to Clifton, IL to see Grandma Schaumburg in the nursing home. It's such a long drive, but worth it to make my grandma smile and  to get a picture of Hattie with her very German Great-Grandmother. I got to tell my grandma about how we wanted a German name and what "Hattie" means. I dropped big sisters off in Monticello around 10:15...and they were so excited to see Charlee and Van that they didn't even say good-bye to me. By the time I got back to Monticello around 4:30, Sidney had taken the kids to the park, to the farmer's market and made us chicken fajita's for dinner...what a great friend!!!

On Friday Ellen came over and took Leah and Kiersten to the park. We are so happy to have Ellen here in Decatur. She has been such a great help the past two months...not to mention we just love her! Tomorrow we might try to hit up Decatur Celebration. It's just so HOT! Temps in the high 90's and even triple digits for most of the summer, and no rain. The water restriction took effect a week ago and if we don't get rain soon we will go on complete restriction. We are hoping that doesn't happen because we would lose our garden, but right now it doesn't look good.

Anyway, the last picture is of Hattie sleeping in our bed. No, we don't co-sleep but she does sleep in our bed on ocassion. Three out of the last 6 nights Hattie has slept ALL night, or at least until 5:15-5:20...I call that all night. And when she won't fall back asleep after eating, or when Mitch is already up and out of bed for work I let her sleep with me...don't judge, it works. Also this week Kiersten has really gotten into holding her baby sister. She asks every day to hold Hattie, and she's so cute I can't say no. Love my Girls!!!






No comments: