Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Finally




Even though we are battling summer colds we made the trip to Charleston for Sunday dinner this past weekend. My mom loves to have Sunday dinner. I never knew this growing up, but my Grandma Schaumburg had Sunday dinner every week and my Aunts, Uncles and cousins came...of course we never did since we lived 2 hours away. Last week when my aunt was visiting my mom and her talked about Sunday dinners. I think it upset my mom that she wasn't able to be home with her family and that's why Sunday dinner means so much to her now. Sunday dinner means even more to me now, and I just love seeing the girls with their cousins. My brother, Uncle Matt celebrated a birthday on July 27th so of course we had to have birthday cake... and everyone loves party hats! Colby said that Hattie had to wear a hat, it's in her name but hers fell off. You can see it on the floor by Gigi.

Anyway, I had to title this post "Finally" because Hattie was 5 and  a half weeks old before we could get a picture of her with both grandparents. I joked with my mom that everyone probably thinks my parents are divorced, because I can't ever seem to get pictures of them together. They came to the hospital separately, after Hattie was born. One weekend I forgot to take my camera to Charleston, and the next weekend Dad was out of town so FINALLY a picture of the whole gang together. I love the last picture. Thanks Aunt Laura for telling the kids they need to make funny faces. Papa's face is too funny!

No comments: