Thursday, December 5, 2013

Baby Ianello

I was so excited to be able to cohost a baby shower for my sister last month. And of course I had wonderful cohost...Mary Kay Hencken, Colleen Peterlich and my sister in law Cynthia. We started the planning in early October, once Laura found out that baby Ianello was a little girl.

Laura gave me some funny ideas for themes...like Horton "You know, from Horton Hears a Who." she said to me. Thankfully I was able to switch her in a different direction. Of course, I didn't tell her what direction that was. I loved the idea of a "Winter Wonderland" theme but since the shower was on November 24th, it technically wasn't winter. So I switched it up a little. I went with a "Woodland" Theme. My mom loved the idea of using owls, and while Laura wasn't loving the owls I knew Icould still pull it all together. And thanks to PINTEREST and my cohost, I did! We spit up the tasks. Cynthia took care of cake pops and favors. I took care of the banner, the invites, thank you's, the wishing tree and the menu, and Colleen and Mary Kay took care of the table decor and the the mini-cupcakes. Together we made a great team.

I think the mason jars decorated with jute, lace and ribbon turned out beautiful and the hydrangeas were gorgeous. We had such a good turnout. Over 30 friends and family came to celebrate Laura and baby Ianello. Jeff even sent flowers that we showcased on the gift table. I think everyone had a good time and now we are anxiously awaiting the baby girl's arrival!













No comments: