Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wrapping It Up



                   




Daddy's reaction to his gift...Cardinal's tickets!


And so now, after spending the last two days in the car...driving to visit Grandma Fran in Wisconsin from Minnesota, and then making the long haul home from Wisconsin to Illinois I'm reflecting on the last year. Thankfully, there have been more ups than downs. More good than bad. I have felt the love of my husband and my children. I've suffered losses and I can accept that it has helped me to grow...as a mom, as a person and as a friend.

I know every mom says it, but it sure goes by fast. This Christmas Hattie was still not quite sure what to think of the holiday. Next year she will be in full on toddler mode and enjoying Christmas every bit as much as her big sisters. I'm scared to blink...I might miss it. And Daddy too! It's not hard to see how very much he adores his little ladies. They are his world and someday they will know how very lucky they are to have him. As 2013 is winding down I hope your memories bring you comfort and peace and that 2014 brings you good will and prosperity in abundance. May it be the best year yet...Happy New Year, friends!
~Amy

No comments: