Monday, December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas, Christmas!












The last few days were all about Christmas, and so I'm calling it the "Pre-Christmas, Christmas!"  The girls were elated to get gifts in the mail from their favorite newlyweds, Ryan and Carrie. The Adler's (as we can now call them) send gifts every year. Typically the responsibility fell on Ryan...and being a typical bachelor, they usually arrived around the 1st of March. And we always cut him a little slack, he is jewish, after all. But this year you could tell that Carrie was ON IT! They arrived with time to spare, but that didn't mean the girls were willing to wait. Goldi-blocks the engineering game (Leah's) was a quick hit, as was Hungry, Hungry Hippos for Bug, and Hattie has already flipped through her interactive book more times than I can count.

On Saturday night we started the gingerbread cookies. We rolled the dough, cut them out and baked them up just right. But as it was nearing bedtime, we left the decorating for Sunday. Gingerbread cookies has also become one of our tradtions since moving to Decatur. I think I have the girls bake and decorate Gingerbreag because it's NOT my favorite and I know I won't be that tempted!

And on Sunday, we let the girls open their gifts from us. I know, I know, too early! But they had some really cute Matilda Jane outfits that I wanted them to be able to wear for the holidays. So we opened them up with plenty of time to get all dolled up and head to Gigi and Papa's house for the day. Aunt Laura and Uncle Jeff had arrived for the holidays and we were anxious to see them! The Holidays have begun!

No comments: