Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cocoa and Cookies with Claus, Round 3











Yesterday we continued our Decatur Holiday tradition of Cocoa and Cookies with Claus, at the Children's Museum. It was a little bittersweet this year. In 2011 AND 2012, we went with our friends the Hunt's. But they moved in November, back out West to their home in Utah. I hadn't really discussed their move with Leah yet, but I knew that morning I would have to. At breakfast when I was talking about going to the museum to see Santa, Leah asked immediately if Charlee was coming. So I had to break the news to her. And there were tears. Lots and lots of tears, followed by an immediate need to make a picture and send it to Charlee in a Christmas card. Charlee was Leah's first best friend and she will be missed. Fortunately, some day with social media I know they will find one another again.

So to the museum we went. It was a snowy blustery night, and I'm assuming that made the attendance much less than they were expecting. But we had several friends that were planning on meeting us there and they did not disappoint. The Oglesby's, The Habrock's and The Hilton's were all there. And we even ran into the Zavela's.

For the most part the kids had a great time just playing in the museum. So my mom friends and I were happy to sit and chat. We did take part in the craft time, but we missed the story time. Of course decorating cookies was a big hit...eating them too! And I think everyone visited with Santa and Mrs. Claus except for Hattie...Her hesitancy cracks me up. She quickly turns her head and clings to whomever is holding her. "If I can't see him, he isn't really there." kind of attitude. Anyway, it was a wonderful night for the kids and moms and I'm sure we will be doing it again next year!

No comments: