Monday, February 20, 2017

Thankful for the 4 day weekend!




 To say this 4 day weekend came at the right time would be an understatement. I still can't get over the look of my sweet girls face. They told us in the ER it would get worse, but I never imagined. But also...I can see where the swelling is going down. The fact that her eye is peeking through makes my heart so happy. That means we are seeing progress and she's getting better. She doesn't see that when she looks in the mirror. But I see that and I tell her over and over again. I especially remind her how much I love seeing her baby blue shining through.

Someday this will just be a bump in road. A story into how she got so strong. How she gained empathy and compassion for the underdog. She is so nervous about going to school. She is terrified of what the kids will say. Mrs. Weirman, her teacher and I are communicating on how to best go about getting her back into the classroom.

For now, she likes seeing these side by side pictures. It's an easy way for me to show her how far she's come. So I'll keep making them until she is 100%...my sweet little Bug!


No comments: