Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Be a part of something BIG







Community involvement and volunteering is something the girls see me do often. When things happen in your community, with your schools, for a family in need...it’s because caring individuals step up and make those things happen! So while it’s important that the girls see Mitch and I volunteer it’s also important that they do it too. 

I guess I’ve always just done it. In their lifetime it’s been helping out at MOPS, participating with the school book fairs, helping in the cafeteria. For several years I helped with March of Dimes, March for Babies. Most recently it’s been spearheading fundraisers for swim team and helping with the community club. Lately my attention has been on helping with a t-shirt fundraiser for Jackson.

The Winning Stitch in Charleston has truly been phenomenal to work with. For real, if you’re in Coles County give these ladies ALL of your business!!! They worked so hard to get this off the ground and running. To say it’s been a success would even be an understatement. I’m blown away by how smoothly the whole thing has gone. Phenomenal!!!

What I love even more is that my kids got to help be a part of it. They were folding shirts and stuffing bags right along side me. I want them to grow up to be “doers”. So many times people say they will help, or they are non-commital.. Sometimes it’s just for show, and other times they’d rather just write a check. My grandparents and parents taught me better than that. I want my girls to get in there and actually help. Feel the pride that comes from a job well done, from helping a school, and organization or even a family. You can’t buy that. It comes from the heart. And we have a lot of heart. And even more so we come from a place with a lot of heart. A huge thank you to our Charleston people for supporting us and being there with us every step of the way. 

No comments: