Thursday, June 13, 2019

Donate Life

Today was such a great day! Immanuel Lutheran, my home Church in Charleston, and the preschool that we all attended...and where Matt’s kids have attended hosted a Blood Drive in Jackson’s honor. I’m not new at donating blood, so of course I wanted to go. When I got there I was floored by the turnout. They had 25 people scheduled to donate and at 2:30 they already had 14 walk-ins. It was so awesome to see. Lots of familiar faces and good friends came out to support our family and that made my heart so happy.

I took the girls with me today. Of course they weren’t going to donate blood. They tagged along with hopes of seeing Jackson. It had been 3 long months since they've seen him. The last time was Kiersten’s birthday in March. They were so excited to see him and it definitely did their little hearts good to love on our buddy.  Halfway down with this journey, halfway done with watching him struggle. Halfway to having our happy, goofy boy 100% healthy again!!!









No comments: