Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nothing says October like...Thanksgiving?!?

Yep...that's what I said. Nothing says October like Thanksgiving. May seem strange to you but we actually thought it was quite nice. Originally my parents planned to be in Jersey the weekend of October 23-24th, but something came up so we switched up the plans a little bit and flew to Illinois to see them. We got in on Saturday afternoon, we found REALLY good airfare rates so we hopped on a plane and were Illinois bound. Mitch and I decided a few weeks back that we weren't going home for Thanksgiving this year, the tickets cost WAY TOO MUCH, and my mom and Cynthia are coming to Jersey Nov. 11-15th so it seemed silly with Christmas right around the corner. So we decided Thanksgiving in October was the way to go. It was perfect! Mom made a Turkey, Stuffing and all the fixings...even pumpkin pie but the one thing that was different was the weather. It was gorgeous outside so instead of being cooped up in the house the kids were able to play outside and play outside they did. Even Kiersten took advantage of the 70 degree weather. Would I recommend Thanksgiving in October again...Absolutely, the only thing missing were Laura and Jeff.

It's so nice that my brother Matt, Cynthia and the kids just live a few miles from my parents. They spend all of the time they can with us when we are home and I am so grateful for that, because we don't get to see them near enough. I think Matt and Mitch were happy to get some hunting time in and of course a trip to Gigi's house wouldn't be complete with out a pizza night topped off with Dilly Bars. My mom let Kiersten get a hold of one and said to me "She won't eat it, It will just feel good on her gums." ha ha, she was pretty suprised when she pulled it away and there was a big chunk missing. She is pretty good at eatin' for a girl with no teeth and I think she would have eaten the whole thing if we had let them.

Thankfully for us the girls traveled well. Flights 25 and 26 for Leah and 3 and 4 for Kiersten. What troopers, Now onto Christmas!!!










No comments: