Monday, July 25, 2011

Rockome Gardens

So here I am, WAY behind in my blogging again...I just can't get caught up. This summer has been Crazy and Fun, or Crazy Fun! But at least I am sitting her trying to catch up and write about things that we HAVE done, instead of someday sitting here writing about what I wish we had done.

Last weekend on Saturday (16th) we took our company to Rockome Gardens. We didn't want to spend a lot of time in the car after making the trip to St. Louis the day before. And their curiosity was peaked when we mentioned the Illinois Amish Community so Rockome it was. I hadn't been there in years, and had forgotten how beautiful it really was. I guess they just came under new ownership in April and the last owners let it get really run-down. But I still thought the place looked good. The flowers were beautiful...I can't imagine how they care for them, especially in this monstrosity of a heat wave we are in the midst of. We strolled through different gardens, entered a variety of museums and shops and played on the playground. My girls were so excited to do the petting zoo...evident by Kiersten's expression in the last picture. She just is the happiest baby I know and she can never contain her joy and excitement in new situations. It was interesting to share part of our new "home" with Aunt Lori and the girls and it was fun to take advantage of something so close to home. By the end Kiersten was getting tired so Daddy took the girls home for naps while the rest of us stayed and toured the shops a little longer. It was fun...and Thanks to Mitch for being such a trooper and taking his picture with me in the heart.










No comments: