Thursday, September 8, 2011

BEST.BIRTHDAY.EVER

Today is my wonderful husbands birthday: Happy Birthday, Mitchell! Love you sooo very much...in fact so much that I was able to pull this off: (Please excuse the fact that the picture is upside down, I've rotated and uploaded three times and it won't go in the right way...stupid computer).

And This (Thanks, Grandma Tootie)

So if you haven't figured it out, I got Bears/Vikings tickets so we can go see the game. Mitch is a die hard Vikings fan, and I am a lifelong Bears fan...in fact I joke that the one thing that truly bonds us is our hatred for the Packers, I kid...I kid (sort of). Being a lifelong fan though, Mitch has never seen the Vikings play. My dad was a huge help in pulling this off. He let me use his credit card so Mitch wouldn't see the tickets on our bill beforehand. Thanks, Dad. I recruited Grandma Tootie and Aunt Lori to find some Vikings gear for me and Grandma Tootie eventually found 2 shirts in Wisconsin?!?!?!? I know, weird...right?

Anyway on Sept. 6th, we had friends over; Amy and Jeremy Hannah and their 2 kids from Arizona and Ellen Burtschi (she was our roomie in Champaign and we LOVE her!). I cooked up a fantastic lasagna and made a birthday cake. Amy and I threw together a lettuce salad, she made some garlic bread and peanut butter cake balls...we had a party, drank 4.5 bottles of wine and a good time was had by all. Leah picked out a very special princess birthday card for her daddy, signed it herself, and then before he could open it told him it was a pretty princess card, LOL! I had wrapped up the 2 Vikings shirt to be the gift from the girls and then I gave him his gift from me. I bought a book and put the tickets inside as an extra suprise...the picture below shows the white of his eyes, I think he was happy! Although later he commented that he didn't want to go to Soldier Field, but beggars can't be choosers and I know we will have a great time...as long as the Bears win.




1 comment:

The McClearys said...

Awesome present! You're so good at birthdays! I'm going to have to recruit you to help me surprise Bryce!