Friday, September 2, 2011

Uncle Brian's Birthday!

Since we were going all the way up to the Dells on Friday for the wedding, Mitch schemed up a plan for ALL of us to meet in Eau Claire on Saturday. We booked rooms and thought it would be great to just let the kids play and swim all night. We ordered Pizza and since this get together was on Brian's birthday, Mitch and I got a cake. We rarely get to celebrate birthday's with Mitch's side of the family. It just happened to work out this year that we were together for Shelby and Leah's back in May...AND for Uncle Brian's in August. Mitch couldn't remember the last time they were all able to celebrate Brian's birthday so I'm sure it was a nice treat for all of them. We stopped at Shopko and picked up a cake. I desperately wanted to right "Happy Birthday, BRAIN" on the cake and then put an XXX through Brain and correctly write Brian next to it (that's just the kind of sarcastic relationship that Brian and I have) but Mitch said he thought that was dumb...I thought it would have been hilarious and when I told Brian and Lisa that's what I wanted to do, they both laughed and said it would have been so funny...next time I go with my gut :)

Anyway, there were 5, yes FIVE weddings at the hotel the night that we were there. We still managed to get some good pool time in and had a great time in the Dining room near the pool for cake and pizza. It's always so great to see the girls with their cousins, and Mitch and I are super lucky that the cousins (Rylee, Shelby and Lexi) are so good with our girls. They do a great job looking after them and keeping them entertained which is not always easy to do with a 3 year old. So a big shout out to my nieces for all their help. Justin and Todd couldn't join us because they had to work, and somehow I don't have any pictures of Bradyn once we got to Eau Claire...that's a boy for you, dodging the camera. Anyway, it was a great time and always leaves us wanting more. Probably Christmas :(





No comments: