Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Steady as she grows

Oh my, Bug! You are the sweetest, mellowest, snuggliest baby EVER...I'm certain of it. I just can't get enough of your bug hugs and kisses. This morning we had your 18 month well baby check-up and the doctor was amazed by your brilliance. She said you tested off the charts for a 2 year old with your speech and she loved that you smiled and laughed the whole time and insisted on giving her a hug buh-bye. While we were there you used several two word phrases such as "these guys", "right there", "Yes, please" and "love you, mama" which is my personal favorite. She asked you questions and you always said "yes" instead of the toddler motto "NO" and you pointed to your ears, eyes, nose, mouth, head, toes, belly and chin on command. You mimicked all sorts of animal sounds, attempted the ABC's and Dr. Branham said you made her day when you blew her kisses good-bye after your shots.

Your measurements looked fantastic too! You weighed in at 25lbs and 2 ounces, just over the 50th percentile, your head circumference was in the 75th which are both consistent with your medical history but my girl was been growing SO BIG! Length was 33 and 3/8ths of an inch (why can't they just say half)...which put us in the 90th percentile for length...a step up from the 75th where we lingered for months. I'm just positive that my bug will be taller than me, along the lines of both her Aunt Laura and Aunt Lori. Overall, it was a great appointment and just pushed me further into the reality that my little baby isn't a baby anymore. But no matter what, she will always be my bug.




1 comment:

Maria said...

Your girls are way too cute! I love reading about them. What a sweet comment about me you posted the other day. Made my day!!!!