Friday, September 2, 2011

Big Girl, Little Name

I couldn't be prouder of my Leah! I've been meaning to post this for about 3 weeks now, and I saw another friend post something similar about her 3 year old and it was a reminder to get on it. Leah started practicing writing her name when we moved to Illinois in April (5 months ago). I'm not the best at staying on top of things like this, thankfully Daddy is. At least 3 times a week after dinner, he would remind her that it was time to start practicing her name. In that short time she has mastered writing it on the laminate trace sheet and even writing it free hand on her own. She has been signing birthday cards for her cousins Jameson and Spencer, and signs letters we put in the mail to our grandparents. Last week when we had preschool orientation she even sat down and wrote her name for her teachers. She is doing great and I love that she is so proud of herself for such a big accomplishment. Way to go, Leah. Big hugs to my big girl!



1 comment:

Maria said...

Good job, Leah! You are such a big girl!