Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day, 2012

Four years ago I celebrated my 1st Mother's Day. Leah was born on Friday, May 9th and so my first Mother's Day, Sunday, May 11th. I laid in a hospital bed recovering from my C-Section, but that was of little concern. Being a mother filled my soul and made me realize that I was learning about a love that I never knew existed. To top it off, my mom had flown in the day before so I got to spend my first Mother's Day with my mother and brand new daughter. This year on Mother's Day I realize that the love only continues to grow. My spirit is happy and singing with joy in regard to the love I have for my 2.5 children. I'm one lucky momma! Not just because of these precious little ones, but because of their father. What an amazing gift HE has given me.

I'm not a perfect mother, not even close. I'm not supermom, but I do the best I can. I have to tell the story from earlier in the week...Mitch was working on the lawn mower in the garage. Leah kept fiddeling around in the garage. So he asked her to go draw our family with her chalk. Well, we didn't even know that she could draw people so imagine our surprise when she drew our family and more. I applauded her and told her how much I loved her artwork. She started to point out which person was which to me...Now look closely at the picture. I'm the 3rd one from the left. She tells me that my mouth is big and open because I was yelling at her for not being a good listener...God love this child, I had to laugh. But man, oh man...is that how you want your child to think of you??? Maybe next time she will draw a picture of one of the hundreds of times I have praised her, and in the meantime maybe I need to praise her a little more in the days to come. After she drew the picture of our family she drew a picture of Gigi and Papa. I'm supposed to know it is Gigi and Papa by all the flowers in the picture. Gigi has a lot of flowers at her house. Isn't it awesome to see how their minds think.



This morning I woke up to two precious girls who wanted to climb into my bed, give me snuggles and told me "Happy Mudders Day!" Then they eagerly ran downstairs to make me breakfast. Leah decided the day before that she was making me an egg sandwhich (Eggs on an English Muffin)...and they did great! Then they gave me a darling Tinkerbell Mother's Day card and a new purse from Coach. I'm a lucky girl...because what I wanted to most was just to spend the day at home with my girls, and that's exactly what we did. What a beautiful day! Oh, and for fun a picture of me 34 weeks and 2 days with baby #3. I think this picture is deceiving. Mitch always squats down like he is taking a picture of the girls and so the camera is always looking up at me. Most people say I don't look that big and can't believe I only have 6 weeks left. Looking at this picture, I think I look enormous!!! But regardless, only 6 more weeks until our little ones arrival. The anticipation is starting to get to me, I can't wait!




No comments: