Friday, May 18, 2012

Roller Derby

Did I mention that last week was utter insanity for us!!! We had a dance recital Friday night, a Mother's Day lunch on Saturday, a birthday party at 12:30 in Mattoon, a birthday party at 5:00 in Monticello and a final dance recital at 7PM on Saturday night back in Decatur. Sunday was Mother's Day so we went to church and then spent the remainder of the day resting at home...I think we have been recovering from the weekend ALL WEEK LONG! 

My niece Macy turned 7 on May 10th...yes, the day after Leah's birthday. She had a roller skating party at Silver Star Skating rink in Mattoon. I knew that Leah would want to give it a try. She was super excited about it, and I knew that Mitch would be patient and good with showing her how...of course he was! And she did awesome, it took her no time at all and she was out there going around the loop on her own. Yay, Leah!!! 

What I wasn't prepared for was Kiersten's insistence that she was going to skate too. The skating rink has a huge indoor play area so I thought she would be content to...you know, play. And I thought that surely Colby would be in there with her. Nope, I was wrong. Within 5 minutes of Leah being out on skates, Kiersten and Colby were begging to go to. "I skate too, I skate too!" So I went and got her skates, Gigi laced her up and off she went. Gigi started out with her and then Mitch took over since Leah was doing so well. Kiersten on skates was comical. She kept giving it her all. Everytime she fell on her toosh, she jumped right back up. She didn't ever really get the hang of it, but she loved it all the same. 

Halfway through the celebration we had pizza and cupcakes and ice cream and of course sang Happy Birthday to MACY!!! After that we spent most of our time hanging out in the play area. Leah did go back out to skate a few times. Kiersten and Colby were happy to just run crazy. Paul and Michele were there with Spencer and Tyler, and Tiffany came with Brooklyn and Parker so they got to play with cousins and I got to visit. Now I'm wondering about how long it will be before they are asking to go skating again.















No comments: