Friday, July 6, 2012

Meet the Family

On Sunday July 1st, Hattie took her first trip to Charleston. Kiersten and Leah are always super excited to go to Gigi's house and they were so excited to bring Hattie with us this time. My sister Laura was home for 2 days...she flew into Chicago to attend a friends wedding and then made a special trip South to see us. And we are so glad she did. It's always fun to see Aunt Laura with the kids. Laura doesn't have much experience with babies so its super fun to see my mom gasp and cringe when she holds the little ones. Mom acts like Laura is going to break them...funny stuff. But she did a great job holding Hattie, and Hattie had no trouble getting comfy. This was also Hattie's first time with Uncle Matt...Aunt Cynthia came to visit us in Decatur with the kids but this was Uncle Matt's first chance to see Hattie as well. He loves babies...and is much better at holding them than Aunt Laura. Just Kidding!

Mom always has lots to eat when we visit. I call her the food pusher...chips and dip, huge veggie tray...then there's dinner. Hot Dogs, Brats, Chicken Breasts, Fresh Green Beans from our garden, fruit salad, roasted potatoes...you can't leave without overeating. And did I mention dessert. A big tray of Lemon Cookies, Brownies and left over Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake from mine and Colby's birthday. UGH, Too much to eat!!! But the company is what makes the day.

I wanted to get pictures of the kids with Aunt Laura, she taught the girls to make silly faces...shocking, right?!?! I also wanted to get pictures of Gigi and Papa with all 5 of their grandkids. Of course the kids had other ideas. I did the best I could...and will take what I can get. Love my family...all of them!












No comments: