Thursday, July 12, 2012

Silly Pirates




Today (July 12th) Hattie is 3 weeks old, and we ventured out for her first outing. We met my mom, Aunt Cynthia, Macy and Colby in Sullivan at the Little Theatre on the Square for the Children's Production of "How I Became a Pirate." It was dicey in the beginning. As you can see from the picture, Hattie was not a happy camper. She cried on and off the entire way there!!! I was just happy to have made it out of the house and arrived on time with all three kids in tow.And I FINALLY got a picture of all 5 grandkids together!!! Colby hasn't wanted any part of pictures the last few times we saw him. Today we told him that he needed to protect Hattie and make sure she didn't fall...he was happy to be her protector, YAY!  After we got seated I fed Hattie and she managed to sleep through the entire production. Such a good baby.

The kids LOVED it, and us grown-ups enjoyed it too. It was full of songs and had lots of dancing and the kids got a big kick out of the silliness. Kiersten kept saying all afternoon "silly pirates" and they HAD to get a picture with a Pirate after the show. The Pirate we saw first was Swill (I think), and the girls were super excited to pose. I think we are going to have to get the book now. There is actually a sequel to "How I Became a Pirate" called "Pirates Don't Change Diapers"...so appropriate, right?!?!?

After the production my mom ran through McDonald's drive-thru and grabbed some lunch for us all. We met at the park for a picnic and the kids were so well behaved. They sat and ate, and then they were off. Gigi was super Grandma and was pushing them on the swings, the merry-go-round and was spinning them on the tire swing. She was great and they were loving it. Cynthia and I sat on the park bench catching up, while she did all the hard work. It was a fun day! Next up is "The Princess and the Frog" in August.

No comments: