Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Super Model!!!

I think I mentioned a few weeks ago, that Hattie was recruited by a friend to participate in a newborn photo shoot. Simply Baby, in Bement, Illinois was looking for a newborn baby girl (less than 2 weeks old) to photograph the last week of June. A friend informed the photographer about Hattie and we were happy to oblige. Especially after we saw some of Simply Baby's work and heard her prices. Right now she is not within our budget...but someday I WILL use her. We only got 3 pictures, but so worth the time that it took and the gas money to get it done. They are beautiful!

The shoot was actually at 7 pm on Thursday June 28th...so Hattie was only one week old and it was 104 degrees outside, but she was a trooper. We started at her family farm and she took the first few shots in the bed of an old Ford truck. It was interesting to watch the photographer work, she was so into the details and wouldn't click her camera if one little finger was out of place. After a while at the farm, we drove a mile or so away to the family clover field. There she shot some beautiful pictures of Hattie in the pram and a few on the little doll bed. The clover shots are so delicate and gorgeous to me. Just beautiful, and I'm not just saying that because they feature my baby :) I got an email from Melissa, the photographer, and the picture of Hattie in the pram is being featured in the August edition of "Her Style" magazine. I'm not familiar with the publication...I've been googling it, and trying to find out how I can get one online but am not having much luck. So if you know where I can get one fill me in. But for now, just enjoy the beautiful pictures. 





2 comments:

Suze said...

So sweet! Never heard of the magazine, so I am of no hel

Stephanie said...

That's awesome that she'll be featured on the cover of a magazine! I'm so glad that you were chosen! These are very special images, indeed. Just gorgeous!