Thursday, July 12, 2012

Perfectly Pink

This house is ALL about Pink! For months I was telling everyone that I was indifferent about what we were having, girl or boy. I felt like it would be great to have a little boy. After all the third child in my nuclear family growing up was a boy, my brother Matt, and I love Matt. But on the other hand I knew that if we had a baby girl, I would have 3 girls that would be best friends for the rest of their lives. So either way...we win! I'm a firm believer in the idea that the greatest gift you can ever give your child/ren is a sibling. And with three girls our family is complete. Let me add that we did pick out a boy name while I was pregnant with Leah. We never got to use it: Jerrod Matthew. Jerrod is a combination of both Mitch's dad and my dad's names...Jerry and David, and Matthew is my brother's name. Do you think maybe someday I can convince one of my girls to use it, LOL!

For now, we are cherishing every minute we get to snuggle and cuddle with our little Hattie-cakes. Last night Mitch commented that he isn't getting much time to hold her. I feel the same way...and today my mom said the same thing. Leah and Kiersten keep us so occupied, and Hattie is just TOO good of a baby. She doesn't cry much and is content just hanging out on her own. Since she's our last I'm going to make the time. Hold her a little bit longer, rock her a little more often and all that good stuff. But I'm going to try to not focus on the fact that this is the last time. I'll never have a baby this small in my house again...she's 3 weeks old, it's already going too fast.




No comments: