Friday, July 20, 2012

Nursery Redeux

Originally we had a gender neutral nursery, but since Hattie's arrival I've been dreaming of a girly room. I enjoyed doing bedrooms for the girls in New Jersey and here in Illinois, so really maybe this was just an excuse to update a little. Leah had a sweet little nursery in New Jersey. The walls were a coral pink, with Espresso furniture and Ivory Minky Dot bedding. The artwork on the walls was classic teddy bears. When we were expecting Kiersten I made Mitch paint over my beautiful coral pink nursery. We didn't know if baby #2 was a girl or boy. So we chose a soft buttery yellow hue for the walls and my mother-in-law made the nursery bedding...a nursery rhyme toile print that I LOVED then and still love today. My mom got the artwork for the walls, a print of "Jack be Nimble" and one of "Mary had a Little Lamb." It was precious, and  all set up in the mustard yellow nursery when we moved to Illinois. Yes, the nursery in Illinois was mustard yellow, but I didn't fret over it too much because I knew it was just going to be a few months before Kiersten moved out of the crib into her "big girl room" that is now pink with a cupcake theme.

Well, now that we have a third girl I NEEDED her to have a sweet nursery just like her sisters. Last Thursday night I told Mitch what I was thinking. Friday I picked up paint samples and Saturday he was painting. I went with a soft gray on the walls, pink ultra-suede curtains that I love, and some pretty pink and gray custom artwork that I picked out on etsy. I can't wait for it all to come together...and you can be sure I will post more pictures then.




No comments: