Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hattie is SO big!

Big things are happening around here with my littlest girly girl! You may recall from a previous post that I tried to put Hattie to sleep in her crib about two weeks ago...yeah, that didn't work. She wasn't ready and neither was I. Well, she did finally start sleeping in her crib this past Thursday, October 11th. Of course she still doesn't sleep in it all night long...but we are getting there. We are going through a serious 4 month sleep regression. I've been doing some reading and it seems to be a common phenomenon. At first we chalked it up to a cold and congestion. She was struggling with breathing at night. But that has passed and she is sleeping worse than when she was a newborn, getting up two or three times a night (Sigh). I'm hoping it is a temporary phase and that she will be sleeping "like a baby" so to speak in no time.

I thought maybe the sleep regression might be a sign that she was ready for cereal. So I broke down and gave it a try on Saturday, October 13th. And, oh my...this little girl ate cereal like it's her job. She was a pro! She barely let any of it escape her and wanted more. She is quick to let you know if you haven't given her enough and will scream until you give her more. She will be 4 months old this Sunday, and has a pediatrician appointment on Monday so I will have the current stats for you then. Just love this little chicky. She makes my day, everyday!




No comments: