Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwback Thursday: "It's a Girl!!!"

So keeping up with my Throwback Thursday theme... I left off with telling our families the news. And once they all knew, they were just as excited as we were. But now we had to plan a new wedding. My sister recommended Lake Geneva, WI. She had been there for golf tournaments. It was somewhat of a halfway point for our families so mom and I went and checked it out. We fell in love with Bella Vista Suites, so we started planning. It all came together very quickly...in about 8 weeks and was perfect. If you have to get married in Wisconsin in December you want snow, Right?!?! Well, snow we got and lots of ice too. It was beautiful, really and we were so happy to have our families together. This was the first time they got to meet. And I bought a fur shrug to use over my beach dress and it worked out just fine. I loved my dress so I was happy to not have to make any changes. And can you tell I am 15 weeks along?!?!?
 
In late October of that year Mitch had accepted a position at Bristol Myers Squibb in New Brunswick, New Jersey. So after the wedding he was wrapping up his work at the U of I and getting ready to make the move. December 15th was his last day, and was also the day we had the ultrasound to find out if we were having a girl or a boy. I wanted to be surprised by the gender but Mitch just had to know. So we made a deal that if we found out for the first one, we would be surprised for the next one. But anyway, Mitch said he knew pretty quick off that it was a girl...I of course had no idea what I was looking at. We knew we would be happy either way, and we were over the moon. That night we went out to dinner to celebrate. We started talking names right away, and Mitch picked Leah right off the bat. I took some time to come around. I wanted Caroline Leeann, he wanted Leah Corrin...this was going to take some time. But we didn't really have time right then. The next morning Mitch packed up and hit the road for New Jersey. He flew back for the Holiday's. I stayed until January, and he flew back to Indianapolis on the first Friday night in January and we drove to New Jersey together that Saturday/Sunday. We still didn't have a house so we hunkered down in temp housing (an apartment in New Brunswick) while we searched for a place to call home.
 
We probably looked at 50+ houses and finally found one in East Windsor New Jersey. We moved in mid-February, right about the time I was heading into the third trimester. The house needed lots of work, I will post on that later. Mitch was a rockstar, gutting and remodeling the kitchen. Eventually he did both of the bathrooms, but we wanted to have our house turn-key ready when baby girl was ready to make her debut. At about the 32 week mark, they scheduled an ultrasound. I was in the room for a long time, and they wouldn't let Mitch in, I knew that something was wrong, but they wouldn't tell me anything. It was scary!!! I called my OBGYN right after and they made some calls and called me back the next morning. They had detected dialation of one of her kidney valves...it's called Renal Hydronephrosis. Sounds scary, we met with a pediatric urologist and it's not...and she actually outgrew it by the time she was three months old, which he predicted would happen. But I had to have lots of extra ultrasounds with a neonatalogists. It seemed I was having one every week towards the end. He said we were having a big baby...Uh Oh! To Be Continued...
 

 
 15 weeks on our Wedding Day, 12-01-07



almost 18 weeks

30 weeks

36 weeks

No comments: