Friday, March 8, 2013

Flu, Round 2




We are sick...again. This is starting to get ridiculous. On Sunday night, actually Monday morning very early Leah threw up in her bed...again. Mitch left for work early and then hopped a flight to Florida leaving me home with sick kids. Leah threw up all day long. The doctor actually wanted me to take her to the hospital for fluids, but by then she had started keeping some fluids down so we stayed home to wait it out. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning Kiersten woke up around 4 AM and had thrown up in her bed. So Mitch (who got home late Tuesday night) took Leah to preschool on Wed. and then Mandi brought her home. Kiersten was better by Wed. night. I took Leah to dance on Wed. afternoon, but she wouldn't eat any dinner Wed. night and sure enough. Thursday morning around 3 AM she was throwing up again. But come morning she seemed fine. I kept her home from school. Gigi came to Decatur for the day. We went and had Bug's Birthday lunch at Olive Garden and then went shopping for Easter dresses at Von Maur.

Thursday night I had a MOPS Steering Committee meeting and I was so cold, I felt fine, just cold.Before I left for the meeting Hattie had gotten sick. I thought maybe it was just a fluke, you know, baby spit up. But I got a text from Mitch around 7 pm that it wasn't a fluke and she was sick. I got home had some dinner and not long after I started to feel it. Poor Hattie was dry heaving in our arms but finally settled for the night after 10. By 11 PM I knew  I was sick. I stayed on the couch that night and had to make several trips to the bathroom. Around 3am Bug threw up in her bed again. When Mitch came down with the laundry I told him I was sick and he was going to have to stay home. He went in to work right then to grab his laptop. Good thing because by 10 AM he was pretty sick too. And on Bug's birthday. We have a tradition that we started, that is only a few years old, but the girls really look forward to it. We take them to Dairy Queen for their birthday and they get an ice cream cone. Well, we have postpone for little Bug this year but hopefully we can take her tomorrow. I'm so over this winter and all the illness.

At least Bug got some special birthday gifts in the mail. A new Periwinkle Fairy Costume from Brian, Lisa, Rylee and Bradyn and a purple fairy princess dress in the mail from our old neighbors, Mike and Julie Altavilla in New Jersey. What a lucky little Bug. She is in heaven and doesn't even mind that she has to wait for ice cream. Happy Birthday, sweet sweet girl!

No comments: