Monday, March 4, 2013

Tinker"Bug's" Birthday


















This weekend we celebrated my little Bug's 3rd birthday. I can't believe my darling Kiersten is almost 3!!! She is really into Tinkerbell lately so we planned a Tinkerbell themed party. My friend Tisha shared her tutu pattern with me from pinterest so I made it on my own and then I ordered the shirt from etsy. My friend Denise made the adorable Tinkerbell bows and then I had Kathy's Cookies in Charleston make the cookies...they were a hit! Bug picked out her cake at Wal-Mart and I found the rest of the Tinkerbell party supplies on Amazon. Bug was in heaven. She was so excited. We had the party at the Children's Museum and it worked out perfectly. You are allowed 20 guest and each guest gets a free pass to come to the museum another time. You get to use their party room for an hour and then the kids get to play in the museum for an hour. Since we had her party at 3pm on a Sunday the museum was already clearing out and by the time we were finished in the party room around 4 we pretty much had the museum all to our selves. It was so much fun.

While we were in the party room we started with a few games. I tried to help the kids play "pin the tail on the donkey" they all wanted to cheat and pull the blindfold down to see what they were doing, but it was cute. Next we played "Hot Potato" the kids loved it and thought it was lots of fun until Bug got hit in the face and got a bloody nose. She was fine but it put a damper on the game. That was okay though, because we were running out of time.  Mitch and I quickly got the cake ready to go...we sang happy birthday and she blew out the candles. After the cake had been served and enjoyed by everyone we moved on to the gifts. Boy were the kids excited for that part. They hovered around Kiersten while she opened up games, dolls, dress-up clothes and more. Just what every girl dreams of. The party was a hit, and I was so happy that my little bug had a good time.

No comments: