Monday, March 25, 2013

White Out

Five days into spring and we are SNOW covered. Seriously, why couldnt we have this in December or January. Even February would have been preferable. It started Saturday night late, and when I woke up Sunday morning we just had a light dusting. But by 11 AM it was falling fast and furious. Around 1 I had to run to Wal-mart and there was zero visibility and the roads were starting to get bad. Within a few short hours you could tell we were in for a doozy. We settled down for the evening and got a fire going...Hattie was slightly amused. She couldnt' get enough of it. I was pretty happy with it myself.

Come morning we had a good 13 inches. In one of the pictures below you can see it stacked up on top of the air conditioner unit. The dogs are struggling to go outside and Leah and Kiersten are begging to build a snowman. Mitch is at work, but most of Decatur is off today. No public school, No St. Paul's, even RCC and U of I are closed. Most of the schools around us are closed as well. Be safe out there folks. I'm sure most of it will be gone by Sunday (Easter) so I will enjoy the beauty of it while it lasts.
 





 

No comments: