Saturday, April 11, 2020

Covid-19 Numbers

I keep feeling like I should share something profound. The truth is...I don't know what to say. Yes, the girls and I talked about how they are living a big part of history. And I told them I want to document this for them, but I don't know what to document. We're at home, we're social distancing. No one is going to school, non-essential business are closed. It's strange to them that they are seeing Mitch so much. He's never worked from home like this. It's different because normally when we are home they don't think twice about playing with the neighbor kids, but no one is ringing our doorbell. I've been trying to document the number of cases the last few weeks, keeping an eye on how they change. I'm sure they are hard to see, but here they are:

March 29th: 135,499   
Illinois: 3,491 (47 deaths)

March 31st: 177, 452
Illlinois: 5, 058 (74 deaths)

April 4th: 300,915
Illnois: 9,226 (210 deaths)

April 5th: 331,151
Illinois: 10,360 (245 deaths)

April 6th: 368,079
Illinois: 12,262 (308 deaths)

April 8th: 429,052
Illinois: 15,078 (462 deaths)

April 10th: 501,301
Illinois: 17, 903 (597 deaths)

When this all started I was one of the people who said "it's like the flu" because honestly what do I know. And that's what I was seeing reported in the media...don't get me started on the American Media machine. But the fact is, it's not like the flu. It has a contagion factor 2.5 times influenza. It's spreading fast and while most will recover many will not. I don't want to be someone who spreads Covid-19 to someone who won't recover. Did we do the right thing shutting down an entire country? We may never know. But I think it's right to err on the side of caution to minimize the loss of human life. Right now the news is screaming we bow have more fatalities, we now have more fatalities than Europe...Of course we do. Our land mass and population is much greater. Sigh,, its all so much to process.. That's my two sense...I'm sharing it here so someday my grand kids have my thoughts on Corona Virus Pandemic 2020!










No comments: