Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter, 2020









There just aren't any words. I saw something on Facebook this morning. It said "The Churches are empty, but the good news is, so is the tomb." I don't know the last time I wasn't in church on Easter. So thankful that St. John's was hosting services with Facebook Live. Mitch was able to hook the computer up to the TV so we could stream it at home. As I predicted we were all in our pajamas. But we were there, on our couches, together singing hymns of praise. Hattie was belting out her hymns of praise. It was sweet and made me smile.

Lunch was a group effort. Mitch baked a ham and helped Leah with corn casserole. He and Kiersten made deviled eggs, because is it really even Easter if you don't have those?!?! Hattie made the green bean casserole with my help, and of course Kiersten and I did the birds nest for dessert. It made it all feel a little more normal to have the comfort foods. Tonight we have two different zoom calls to chat and celebrate with family. Here's to hoping we can all be together next year!

No comments: