Saturday, April 11, 2020

Home Ec

Is the Corona Virus 15 a real thing? Asking for a friend, LOL! We've never shied away from letting our kids get to work in the kitchen. They were scrambling eggs in kindergarten. Kiersten often helps me make Lasagna. They make their own macaroni and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches among other things. Right now being stuck at home they want to make sweet treats. I caved and added a few things to my instacart groceries this week. Leah got busy making homemade banana nut muffins last night. Today Kiersten made Birds Nest (Pretzels with melted chocolate and peanut butter) for our Easter celebration tomorrow. They're already asking if they can make cake later this week. I think tomorrow I'll let them handle the Easter cooking. We aren't doing much but surely they can handle corn casserole, deviled eggs and green bean casserole. You have to stick with the comfort foods and traditions now more than ever.




No comments: