Sunday, April 5, 2020

Hello Again, Illinois











Our last day in Arizona we packed it all in. I went for one last good long walk with my sister. The girls played in the pool for a bit before we enjoyed one last cheeseburger in paradise. We hit the road around 6PM CST and planned to drive all through the night. And yes, that's exactly what we did. Mitch started us out. We traded places in Las Cruces around 10:30. Let me add...it was super hard to be in Las Cruces and not be able to stop and see our friends, Lauren, Chad, Chloe and Coltrane. But anyway, I took over from 10:30 until 3am, and then Mitch took the drivers seat back from 3am to7. By then we were nearly to Oklahoma City. The gas was at record lows. I hadn't seen numbers that low in at least 20 years. It was $1.39 on the west side of OKC. We managed to make it home around 4pm CST...not bad time. Mitch went and got groceries while I unpacked.

Hattie was loving Nat and Jo's bunkbeds to much...she was loving them when we were out there last summer. Little did she know I ordered one and had it waiting. On Saturday Mitch put it together and she was thrilled to sleep on the top bunk. I'm patting myself on the back for getting one with a full bed on the bottom so all three girls can sleep together now. It's the ultimate sleepover. For not we're getting in the swing of things with distance learning and doing what we can to stay safe and healthy, avoiding Covid-19.

Disclaimer...photo of Zoey was sent to us from Ellen, and it was so perfect we had to share!

No comments: