Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Manic Monday

 This morning we had business to take care of. Pretty much the only thing standing in our way of getting to Spain is our lost passports. Yes, you heard me right…lost!!! I still don't want to talk about it. 

When we told the girls we had to go to Chicago, Kiersten kept mentioning she wanted to go to Cloud gate? I had no idea what she was talking about until I looked it up. “Oh, the bean!” It’s only one of Chicago’s most famous landmarks in Millennium Park. 

Our passport appointment wasn’t until 11 so we got off and running by 9 on Monday morning and booked it straight to Millennium. It was a beautiful morning. You really couldn’t have asked for better weather in Chicago in August. The high for the day ended up being around 80 degrees with a breeze. That’s the way to see Chicago!

I gave the girls my phone once we got there and let them have fun taking some pictures. After about twenty minutes we moved on through the gardens and then they played in the fountain. We were at the Federal building in plenty of time for our appointment. I only had a slight panic attack when not once, but TWICE the security guards asked for our name and said we had already checked in?!?! No…WE DID NOT!!!

After making it up to the 9th floor the staff was so courteous and kind. We were probably only there 30 or 40 minutes and they said we could come back at 2pm to pick up our passports. Sweet relief! Things are finally going to go our way. We left and walked to a little pizza joint and had some lunch. A slice of cheese for Leah and Hattie and the chicken Caesar Salad for Mitch, Kiersten and I. We were back at the building ready to go around 1:30. We sat outside reading the books we brought along. We headed upstairs at 1:50. I asked the girls for a picture with President Biden and Kamala…they all three said no. I’m not sure if that means they’re republican or if they were just annoyed by me!!!

After checking in, we were seated and waiting for them to call our number. By 3pm, Leah and Kiersten had finished their books. By 3:30 I was getting ansty. And around 3:45 they finally called us up. We’re breathing a sigh of relief tonight, happy to be back home in our beds. Crossing this step off the list, just in time for the movers to show up tomorrow morning.


























No comments: