Tuesday, August 24, 2021

When in DC: Part 4

The Martin Luther King Jr., exhibit is relatively new to DC. Maybe not that new but it wasn’t there the last time Mitch or I was in the city. Granted that’s been many years. I loved it. The quotes along the walls were so touching. And I didn’t realize it while we were there, but across the Potomac from the Jefferson Memorial, you can see him standing. It was so well done.






From there we walked the path around the water to the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial…and wow!!! It was so big and I loved all the detail. I wish I would have taken a picture of the stairs. It outlined his life from birth to polio, to governor of New York to President elect for a 4th term to death. I loved all the quotes they chose in regards to war and poverty. His impact on our country during the Great Depression and throughout WW2 makes him the most iconic president of the 20th century. And while we were sitting there enjoying the waterfalls, several helicopters with United States Government flew over us, probably 4 or 5. We’ll always be wondering if Joe Biden or Kamala Harris was overhead.






And last but not least was the Jefferson Memorial. Again, big hit for the girls because of Hamilton. They knew some of his quotes and were chatting it up about the Schuyler Sisters while we were there. Overall it was a magnificent day spent with our ladies, talking about the history of our country and the things that make America great. I hope they always remember this day and are Proud to be an American.
 








No comments: