Thursday, September 9, 2021

Year 43

Not only was yesterday a big day for the girls, it was Mitch's birthday!!! I was pretty proud of myself that I was able to reach out to the local bakery and figure out how to order a strawberry cheesecake, or a torta la queso con fresas in espanol! 

But then my plan backfired a bit. I was supposed to have a vehicle by now, but that hasn't happened. Our minivan that was supposed to be an automatic ended up being a manual so Mitch drove Hattie to the bus stop then had to swing by the bakery and get his own birthday cake...a yi yi! 

But oh well, it got here. We had a cake and a little celebration once the girls got home from school. They wanted to do it on the patio and we had trouble keeping the candles lit. But the song got sang and we gave daddy lots of birthday love. 

Later that evening we went to L'Eliana for dinner. Mitch wanted to go to a sushi restaurant. Google maps said it was dine-in, but it clearly was not and was take-out only. We ended up at an Asian restaurant called Nanami...they didn't have sushi but they had bao (buns) and delicious ramen and poke. The girls chatted on and on about school, so it made me feel better about their day. 

We're so thankful for Mitch and all that he does for us. As the breadwinner and head of our family he often doesn't get enough credit. This expat experience has been a dream of his for as long as I have known him. I hope that year 43 is everything that he hopes for and more. 







No comments: