Sunday, October 3, 2021

The ordinary

 One thing that has remained consistent is my exercise routine. I may not be going to the gym…we haven’t joined one yet because we’re still in temporary housing, but I’ve got some 3kg weights, built in steps and YouTube. And once or twice a week I’m trying to run just to mix it up a bit. 

I hate running!!! But I was pretty excited this weekend to hit a few miles in the 12:30 range. That’s my fastest yet. And it’s helped me learn my way around the neighborhood. The hills in Colinas de San Antonio are no joke. I always meet my stairs for the day. Some of the streets are pretty long so I love these little alley ways that I can cut through. 


Another thing that hasn’t changed it date night. We’ve been here for a little over a month and we’ve managed two date nights already. The bonus is that there are two decent places within walking distance of our house. There is a little plaza with a big courtyard in the middle. They have live music often. And this weekend we checked out Naturas Cocina Vegan Restaurante. We do like to eat healthy, and a vegan restaurant wouldn’t be our top pick, but the reviews were good so we gave it a try. It did not disappoint. It was so good!!! We had fried baby artichokes with a glaze and sesame seeds and croquets as an appetizer. I ordered the Jack fruit tacos and Mitch ordered the fideúa (seafood noodles) and we split them. Both dishes were fantastico, the service was excellent and we told her we’d definitely be back!!!





We learned some Spanish…”Fancy a shot?!?”



No comments: