Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cake Boss

First we got everything ready to mix in the bowl.


Then Daddy let her help with the mixer.


Of course tasting the batter is one of her favorite parts.


And last but not least she definitely enjoyed the finished product.


Cake Boss...Ha! Well, we do live in New Jersey. I went through this stage the last half of my pregnancy with Leah too, but it's like I just can't live without my sweets!!! I used to keep Hershey's kisses in the drawer while I was pregnant with Leah because I had to have chocolate.
For anyone that knows me...you know I am not a chocolate person. I prefer skittles, starbust, twizzlers...the fruity, chewy stuff. But when I'm pregnant I NEED chocolate. The other night I was having a chocolate craving. I REALLY wanted some chewy fudge brownies but it was getting late and I didn't want to go to the store. I had a yellow cake mix and some chocolate icing in the cabinet so we went for it.

Leah loves helping. We've been letting her help in the kitchen a lot more. Now whenever we are cooking, even if it's just a grilled cheese for lunch, she thinks she has to scoot one of the dining chairs up to the counter so she can climb up and help. Maybe we have the next Iron Chef on our hands, ha! Lord knows we watch enough of the food network. Anyway, just wanted to share a few of the pictures with you all.

A friend of mine recently welcomed his second baby girl to the family. He said that they got some cupcakes and threw the baby a birthday party so that the big sister could welcome the new baby home. I think that is a great idea, I am hoping that we can let Leah do this for her new baby brother or sister in a few weeks.

No comments: