Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Nursery

It's done! The nursery is finished with the exception of some art on the walls. Right now they are pretty bare, but I don't think the baby will mind. When we were expecting Leah we knew that we were having a baby girl, so we had a pretty girly nursery. The walls were painted a deep coral pink and she had white chenille bedding. But this time around is a whole different story. We don't know what we are having, don't know yet when he or she will be here and we are planning accordingly. I made Mitch paint the nursery months ago...like back in September. We made a deal when I was pregnant with Leah that if we found out the sex of baby #1 we were NOT going to find out the sex of baby #2 and I kept him to it, so I knew that a pink nursery might not be appropriate. We went with a more gender neutral color, pale yellow. And bedding...I just don't care for most of the stuff in the stores today. I wanted something more classic and I love Toile. I was playing around online looking for Toile bedding and I found a lady on ebay that makes custom crib bedding... for hundreds of dollars! NO THANK YOU! Lucky me my mother-in-law can sew. I sent her a pattern and had her take a look at it to see if she thought it was doable. She gave me the go ahead so Mitch and I picked out our fabric and it all came together. I have beautiful gender-neutral Toile bedding. It's ivory with a nursery rhyme theme pattern in soft primary colors. Leah loves it...It's got Humpty Dumpty, The Cat and the Fiddle, The Old Woman who lived in a Shoe...she knows them all. Anyway, it turned out great, I love it. And how special that the baby's grandmother was able to make such a precious gift. Thank You Grandma Tootie, It's wonderful!!!


No comments: