Wednesday, November 21, 2012

5 Months!!!


Five Months old today, and what a delightful happy girl you are! You smile ALL the time. You are still pretty quiet but you have your moments. Things have improved some since last month's post. We had to start supplementing with some formula. So in addition to breastfeeding and solids twice a day, you are getting two bottles of formula and that has made a huge difference. Your fussiness has decreased to almost nothing. Your belly is full and you are at peace, sweet girl. You are also sleeping better at night...going down by 9 and getting up once between 3 or 4 and then back down until I wake you around 7:30. And on a few occassions you have slept until 6 or so on your own. It's wonderful! Your big sisters are more doting than ever. I think since you are making noises they want to see what you have to say.

You have been spending a lot more of your time in the exersaucer and love to jump and giggle. It's almost time to raise it up to the next level, since you are getting so tall. When I put you on the scale I think I had you at an even 15 lbs. A big jump from the 12 lbs 14 oz. you weighed at your 4 month check-up. I think the formula can take credit for that. In the past few weeks the baby swing got put away...you never were really that into it. And the co-sleeper by my bed got packed away. You hadn't slept in it for weeks but it made me sad. You aren't a little baby anymore and I can feel independence slipping in out of nowhere.  As for the solid foods there isn't a one that you don't enjoy. I'm trying some different ones from when your sisters were little. You are getting carrots, apples, parsnips puree, and spinach, pears and rutabaga's. Oh, and sweet potatoes and corn...all sorts of interesting combos. We just started the fruits this week and after 5 weeks of vegetables you enjoy the fruits too! Your little personality is starting to emerge and I can't wait to see who you are going to be. Love you so much, my sweet Hattie!
 



No comments: