Sunday, November 11, 2012

Campfire Fun

Last weekend we had made big plans to have some campfire fun...and then the stomach flu hit, ugh! So we scrapped our plans with friends while I stayed in bed and recovered. On Thursday this week when we realized we were supposed to be having un-seasonably warm temps we decided to try again. And warm was an understatment! The temperature hit 73 here yesterday...yes, on November 10th. Our friends the Hunt's joined us and then I invited another couple from here in Decatur. Leah has a boyfriend, Logan. They are cute and can't leave preschool without kissing each other goodbye. Logan has a 2 year old brother and a 6 week old baby sister. So our kids are all the same age, PERFECT!
 
We started off around 4:30 so the kids could do some playing in daylight. And around 5:30 the campfire got going. The kids had lots of fun cooking their own hot dogs, but the real hit of the night was the smores. That's everyones favorite, right?!?!? It was controlled chaos, but for the most part the kids all did really great with the fire. Bug of course kept snuggling up to Joel. We joke often that she has a crush on Joel. She wants to hug and kiss him goodbye after our get togethers and gets excited to see him. But anyway, she had to have Joel help her with her marshmallows.

About 7PM all the kids were jumping on the trampoline. Bug started to cry, so I went to get her. She said someone stepped on her finger. I moved it around, it wasn't broken so I told her to shake it off. She went and sat by Mitch over at the fire and complained a little and he told her the same thing. She quickly forgot about it. So about 15 minutes later she said she needed some water so we went inside. She told me again her finger hurt. I looked quickly and saw blood and her fingernail hanging by a thread. I immediately went and got Mitch...I'm squeamish and wasn't up for it. Thankfully, Sidney the nurse was on hand. Bug had been outside all day helping Mitch in the yard and there was a lot of dirt under then nail. Sidney cleaned it up and looked at it. She recommended we take her in. So around 7:45 Mitch headed to the ER with a very calm and happy little Kiersten. I can't believe she wasn't complaining more. They were impressed with how clean it was (thanks, Sid) and checked her out. There was a concern that the nail would have to be stitched back into the nail bed, but they said the nail bed wasn't damaged and that she would be fine. The old nail would come out and a new one would come in. I sure hope so. I can't imagine my little princess not having sweet fingernails to paint! She was a tough cookie, that's for sure. I think it was harder on me, LOL!

 
 



No comments: