Thursday, June 20, 2013

Look WHO's Turning One!

This past weekend we celebrated Hattie's first birthday with all our friends and family. The owl themed celebration was held at Spittler Woods and there were 50 people there to sing to our sweet girls. I was a little nervous that the weather wasn't going to hold out, but thankfully the party was scheduled from 10-noon and it held off until at least 11:30. It was a perfect morning. The temperature was just right and it was party cloudy so everyone was able to enjoy themselves without sweltering in the summer heat.

This post is definitely picture heavy. I had a photographer, Ashley the owner of Peace Hill at the party and she gave me 188 amazing pictures from the day. It was so hard to narrow it down to just these. She did an amazing job, and I really felt like I got to enjoy the day instead of running around snapping pictures of all the goings on.

Mitch and I worked very hard on making this party exceptional. Since the trees fell in our yard, I was able to have him craft my perfect "log" looking cupcake stands. He cracked them out in about an hour. He is totally amazing.  I ordered the cupcakes from Wal-Mart, and the Owl cookies were from Kathy's cookies in Charleston. She makes the cutest stuff! We both worked on the owl treat bags and my friends helped me out along the way too. Tisha and Denise came and helped me decorate. Mandi cut out all the cupcake topper and treat bag tags. I made the tutu, and Mandi instructed me on how to make tissue paper pom poms. It all came together and looked amazing!

The kids had so much fun playing on the playground equipment. And we brought a t-ball and golf set. Really I think they just enjoyed being able to chase on another and running and screaming outside. It's been much too rainy this summer.

Around 10:40 we decided to do cake. Hattie was unsure of it at first but it only took her a minute to get going. She was digging in like a pro. She had icing up to her elbows and her hands and face were certainly covered. We didn't let her play in it too long. Aunt Laura and I cleaned her up good and then she was off crawling around in search of dropped goldfish to snack on. She put on a good show for everyone too, playing "So Big" and blowing kisses. Such a little cutie! It was a great day and I hope someday she enjoys looking back at the pictures as much as I do!
 


 





























No comments: