Monday, June 10, 2013

Tree Down


We left for Minnesota on Friday May, 31st. And when we pulled into Grandma Fran's on Friday night in Eau Claire we got the alert on our phone that there was a tornado watch in Decatur.  The next day we read on line that there were storms and an actual tornado in Decatur but not on our side of town.  But still I asked a friend to run by the house and check on things because a neighbor had a tree go down on Thursday during the storms. Well, needless to say my friend forgot. But then on Sunday her car broke down. I told her to go grab out Equinox, we weren't using it. So she sends me a text on Monday morning that she found the keys and thanked me and said she was sorry about the tree. I of course responded "ha ha, you're so funny." And she said she was serious said it looked like someone had already started cutting it up...I told her to send me a picture. She said she was already gone. So my friend Mandi was out running errands. She stopped by and sure enough, she sent me pictures of a huge tree down in my yard, roots up and all.

Mitch was fortunate to borrow a chainsaw from his dad. We hauled it home with us so he could get to work. Upon closer inspection it was two trees that went down. All in all we have about twelve that NEED to come down. So after he finished making kindling of the two that fell on their own he had to cut two more down. Our neighbor, Brian was nice enough to notice that we were out of town and since our driveway was blocked he took care of making sure it was passable for us. On Sunday Missy's brother came over to help haul most of it away. He has a splitter and wanted the fire wood, and in exchange for the free fire wood he said he would come help take out a few of the other trees that he thinks he and Mitch can do safely. Again...nice to be back in the Midwest!
 
 






No comments: