Monday, June 10, 2013

Smore S'mores, Please



Mitch says Jason is trying to count how many beers he has had :)





So around 9:30 Tisha says. Let's make s'mores. And of course we are in the middle of a game of bags. So I say "yeah, okay...Mitch, get a fire going let's make s'mores." And right about then he looks at me like he wants to kill me. But I say Tisha brought stuff, it's not like we don't have any firewood (more on that later) so why not. So he hops to it. I seriously have never seen the guy put a fire together so quickly.

And the kids were SO excited! The moms and dads were awesome at helping them with their marshmallows and assembling the s'mores. Everyone waited patiently...probably because they were so tired :)  By the time we were wrapping things up it was almost 10:30. That is the latest my kids had every stayed up. We have a strict routine in this house with a bed time around 8:30. And on Sunday they slept in until almost 9. It was crazy. Anyway, a good time was definitely had by all and we are all ready to do it again. Especially the girls. They keep asking "can we have another cookout?" All in good time. I hope I can get another one on the calendar soon.

No comments: