Monday, July 4, 2022

Imperial Treasury

Sunday started at the Imperial Treasury. It was not high on my list of things to do, but WOW! I found myself listening to every detail and taking it all in. The position of King wasn't passed through heredity. They actually used an “electoral college”. Emperors or Austria married daughters off to rulers of Brazil and Napoleon in France. One was even the father of Marie Antoinette…let them eat cake! But ultimately what I enjoyed the most was watching my girls live and breath religious history. There was a cross that contained wood from “the cross”. There was a beautiful piece that contained the nail from the right hand of Jesus. There were relics that contained a piece of the tablecloth from the last supper and one that contained a bit of Jesus loin cloth. Kiersten thought the baptismal blanket and gown were amazing. Royal babies were baptized within hours of birth and they're blankets contained threads of gold. Mitch and I could have spent all day taking in history. Even the girls were excited by the things they got to see. If you ever get the chance, go!!! 






















No comments: