Monday, July 25, 2016

Day 6, Grand Canyon










Okay, so maybe we've been to the Grand Canyon before...just 6 months previously. But Ellen had never been so we had to stop and see it. I have to say, it's a completely different experience when you stop in and take a walk around in July as opposed to Christmas. The first time we were there, the temperature was in the low 20's. There was snow on the ground and it felt like we ran from our car to the viewing area and then back again.

This time, we really got to take our time. We walked up the tower at Desert View. We walked around some tribal ruins. We really tried to take it all in. It was hot, and the sun was beating down, but it was tolerable. No one complained. We just took in the majestic views.

A week or so before we arrived there was a death at the Canyon. A 20-something girl was outside of the fenced in area taking a picture and she fell. We talked about it with the girls. They were very good about staying in the designated viewing areas and pointed out when someone was being a little too relaxed with safety. We did have one casualty...my vivofit!The night before the clasp on my band broke. We were standing at the edge of the canyon. I felt something hit my foot and watched it go rolling down. I couldn't figure out what it was. I checked for my wallet and keys. I thought all was well. And 15 minutes later, I went to check my watch and it was gone. Cest la Vie, Vivofit...you served me well.

Otherwise, it was fun. It was a great day...and when we got in the car to head South the girls were excited to get to Tucson to see Gigi, Laura, Jeff and the girls!

No comments: