Monday, July 4, 2016

What's more American than Baseball?







So we woke up on the 4th of July...just another regular day. I looked out the window and thought...another gloomy, rainy day. I did NOT want to spend the 4th of July cooped up in the house. So I looked at my weather app, I jumped on Seatgeek and said "hey Mitch, lets go to the Cardinals game?"

He wasn't as quick to jump on board with my plans as I would have hoped, but eventually, he came around. I texted Ellen...said, "hey, you wanna go to a game?" And in about 30 minutes we were packed up and on our way. We got cheap bleacher seats and it was perfect. We got into town right at 1:15 (game start time) but it was raining and we were delayed until 2:30 with clear skies after that. We headed into the park once the rain stopped. We found Gigi and Papa in their seats and said Hi. Then we headed over to center field.

I might add this was Hattie's first trip to the ballpark. We were placing bets on how long she would last. But the girl did great! We promised them Dip'n'Dots for a treat...so we went and grabbed those after the 4th inning. She made friends with the people sitting behind us. All in all, it was a great day. It would have been even better had the Cardinals won, but you can't win them all. God Bless America!

No comments: