Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hello and Goodbye to New Mexico!











New Mexico, we hardly knew ye!!! Okay, so I'd driven through New Mexico a number of times. But I'd never really stopped and spent time there. It was usually just a "get through it" state on my way to Arizona. But this time I had good cause to stop. My friend, Lauren Morris, and her family live in Las Cruces. A quick 4 hours from Tucson. Lauren had mentioned wanting to do a Plexus Event when we were together in Las Vegas. I told her I'd stop and help and I'm so glad I did. We had a great time catching up...it was awesome to see our kids together. Chloe and Leah quickly became best friends!!! They watched Star Wars, played on iPad's and all bunked together in Coltrane's room. It was great fun! We will definitely plan a get together again soon...whether it be in St. Louis or back in New Mexico.

After we left Las Cruces we headed to Roswell and when to a Space Museum...because when in Roswell!!! It was pretty cheesy and a total waste of time, but it got us out of the car for an hour or so. We really wanted to stop at the White Sands National Monument...you know, where they do missile testing. But would you believe it, the park was actually closing at 10 AM that day for testing. What are the chances. So we will have to put it on our list for next time. And there will be a next time!

No comments: