Thursday, December 9, 2021

It was fun while it lasted

And just like that…as quickly as it began, it has ended.

As I repeated to Hattie, several times this morning, “don’t be sad that it’s over, be happy that it happened” I felt filled with gratitude and thankfulness for what the past week brought us. I don’t think my parents probably ever traveled with their grandparents. I know I only saw a few sights around Illinois with mine, and here my children are, entering into historical churches and buildings in Spain with their Gigi and Papa. We had the most amazing visit, one I hope my kids will never forget. 

We saw the Holy Grail, they drank Orxata, we went to the top of Mt. Tibidabo, we walked through the Christmas gardens…all of it magical. Safe travels to our Gigi and Papa as they return to the states. We love you and miss you already! 

The ultimate flim-flam! 









No comments: