Friday, December 10, 2021

Killer Queen

We decided for Christmas this year we’re doing lots of experiences. We live in Spain!!! This is our chance to travel and soak up cultural experiences. I saw this concert advertised on Facebook and I wanted to go so badly. I bought the tickets! 

Yesterday morning after my parents left I thought “this probably wasn’t a good idea” but I couldn’t have been more wrong. The Teatro La Plazeta- Valencian Secreta presented a String Quartet by Candlelight performing Queen!!! It absolutely exceeded my expectations. 

The girls loved it and the pieces were all done so well. Killer Queen and Don’t stop me now took my breath away. We are the Champions was beautiful. The girls were so disappointment when they ended the show without Bohemian Rhapsody…but then it was the Encore!!! 

They walked out of the theater so happy and chatted the whole way home about what they enjoyed the most. Kiersten was even telling us about all the Spanish she understood when the musicians would talk about each song before performing. She thought it was funny that they talked about the “I want to break free” video when Freddie wore a pink apron acting as a housewife. 

Hattie was tickled to hear We Will Rock You and We are the Champions. It was an amazing night for us all, being together and trying something new! I told the girls thirty years from now they’ll hear a song from Queen and remember this night. It’s amazing the way that music can trigger a memory like that! Two thumbs up from this crew. 








No comments: